Sharon’s Cleaning Tips
A clean office and work space leads to:
- Healthy and well-organized spaces
- Professional first impressions
- Happier and more productive employees
Depending on your business, you may choose a DIY approach or you may decide it is well worth it to hire a professional service.
DIY Cleaning Approach
If you choose to go the DIY route, here are some tips to help you and your employees maintain a neat, consistently clean work environment.
- Keep the office cleaning supplies you need stocked and ready for use. Office cleaning essentials may include glass cleaner, dusting spray, microfiber wipes, rubbing alcohol, and paper towels.
- Laminate an office cleaning chart with tasks, including the frequency, responsibility and other important processes.
- Keep a supply of special wipes made for computer keyboards and monitors. Ask employees to wipe down their computer hardware daily, if possible. This will help prevent the spread of germs and keep crumbs out of those hard-to-reach keyboard crevices!
- Make sure the trash is taken out daily and vacuum or sweep those places where people eat. You don’t want any areas to attract bugs!
- Assign a day each month to clean out any employee refrigerators. This space can get gross really fast!
- Make it a rule that each person needs to wipe out the microwave when he or she is finished.
- Assign someone to take care of any office plants. That means removing dry leaves, watering them and keeping them looking healthy. If you don’t want this hassle, consider getting artificial plants.
One of the best pieces of advice is to simply be your own customer or client. Walk in to your work space and see it as that person would.
Professional Cleaning Approach
Sometimes the DIY approach to cleaning doesn’t work well. Some tasks may need to be done on a daily basis; others might be more weekly or monthly. Using a professional cleaning services means the job will be done on time and on schedule and typically includes tasks such as:
- Emptying wastebaskets and trash cans
- Vacuuming all carpeted flooring
- Sweeping, buffing and/or mopping and disinfecting hardwood, vinyl and tile flooring
- Dusting and disinfecting all surfaces
- Wiping away fingerprints and smudges on door handles, light switches or other fixtures
- Polishing brass on doors and cabinets
- Spot cleaning where and when needed
- Stocking toilet tissues, hand towels, soap and hand sanitizer
- Cleaning and polishing mirrors
- Cleaning and disinfecting toilets and urinals
- Cleaning all windows
- Vacuuming vents and chairs
A clean appearance tells your clients and customers a lot about how you do business. Don’t leave this to chance; use a professional cleaning company to take care of the physical appearance and cleanliness of your space.
At Fresh Approach Cleaning Professionals LLC our goal is to increase the productivity of our clients’ workplace by personally and quietly working behind the scenes.