SHARON’S CLEANING TIPS
Can’t you just smell it when you walk into a clean office? No old smells, no dust tickling your nose to make you sneeze; it just smells fresh and looks inviting.
But a clean office is more than just looking and smelling good. A clean office:
- Boosts productivity
- Improves creativity and focus
- Offers a healthy workplace for employees
- Communicates your brand and reputation, telling visitors that your company is efficient and organized
Static, especially during the colder months when the heat is pumping indoors, is a powerful draw for dust and fluff. And, where does that dust, fluff and grime land? On your computer, your phone and many other items you use on a daily basis. Without frequent cleaning, our office work space and equipment can become the dirtiest items in the room.
Here are some tips to help you clean up those dust magnets and keep your work space clean.
- One best practice is to wipe your keyboard and monitor on a daily basis, especially if you eat lunch or any snacks at your desk.
- Computer screens can be easily damaged. I highly recommend using a microfiber cloth or an electronics wipe; these won’t scratch the surface or leave any lint particles behind. Use a screen cleaning spray instead of a glass cleaner, which can actually strip the antiglare coating from your computer screen.
- Blow the computer keyboard with compressed air then use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to detail around each of the keys. Sometimes holding it upside down over a trash can and lightly tapping the back will loosen hard to reach particles. Don’t forget to clean UNDER the keyboard as well.
- Dust the tops of printers, computer towers and telephones. These are fairly easy to clean using a duster or compressed air canister.
- Don’t forget to wipe down your phone’s dial pad. A cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol can easily clean up any dust and grime that has accumulated.
- When cleaning CDs and DVDs, use a microfiber cloth and wipe from the center out to the edge. You might think doing this in a circular motion would clean better, but it doesn’t. If any grit has gotten on the discs, then a circular motion could catch it and scratch the surface.
At Fresh Approach Cleaning Professionals LLC our goal is to increase the productivity of our clients’ workplace by personally and quietly working behind the scenes.